We believe it is important to build a strong foundation at early age, thereby Aspiration Academy maintains a low teacher to child ratio, and a unique teaching approach together with the Ontario Curriculum.
An Applied Behaviour Analysis and Precision Teaching approach together with Direct Instruction curriculum is used in Aspiration Academy. This unique approach allows:
- Allow each student to be an active participant playing a role in determining their academic goals and achievements and thereby maximizing motivation.
- An education system relying on data to make decisions that in turn produce individualized educational goals and experiences.
- Opportunities for academic advancement beyond age/grade equivalent in domains that a student excels at so that a student may be at different grade levels for different subjects.
- Increasing independence and self-directedness.
- Build a strong critical thinking and analytic skills at early age.
- An education that serves the child instead of child serving the system